Tuesday 29 December 2020

Staveley

 

It snowed overnight, not a lot. Just enough for our neighbours children to make a snowman!

I decided not to go to far just in case road conditions were bad, so opted for a short trip up theA1 to Staveley. The car park was full, but after a few minutes a couple of walkers returned and I was able to park my car,

As I walked through the first part of the woodland I saw this redwing looking for food.









From the first hide I could see mallards, tufted ducks and goldeneyes. I was pleased to see the mute swan family had managed to raise 6 young and they were still all together as a family.


Lots of birds to be seen from the second hide as they came to the feeders.



The pheasant was picking up bits of seed etc. from the feeders.
A male mallard was next to an ice free bit of water.


I walked to the "public" hide where there are more bird feeders.

A family of long tailed tits landed on the fat ball feeder while female reed buntings were busy looking for seeds.




this male blackbird chased other blackbirds away.
On my way back to the car I saw a great spotted woodpecker.


No comments:

Post a Comment