Saturday 19 December 2020

Final fling!

 After the latest announcements I don't know what we are now allowed to do. I have never been certain as to what has been "law" and what has been "guidance". 

The weather forecast for today was not brilliant, rain spreading from the west. So go east looked a good plan. I waited until reports started to come in before I set off. Nothing new so I went to Filey Dams.



Plenty of sunshine. Lots of little birds in the bushes waiting their turn at the feeders.




Plenty of gulls on the water


then a great black back arrived.




lots of greylags and canada geese,


I could not find the pintail, only a female wigeon


a small flock of pink feet flew in and landed in a field to my left





as I walked back to my car I saw two great spotted woodpeckers but they moved too quickly for me to get a picture. Filey Brigg was my next stop.



Not many birds about so I went to Bempton.


2 short eared owls were hunting in the fields near the visitor centre.










I found it difficult to get the photos due to the light and the way that the birds flew, one minute high in the sky and then low, at one point one flew over my head!

this kestrel was watching events




The light was starting to fade so I made my way home. These gulls were flying in to land in a field near the car park.





No comments:

Post a Comment