Monday 28 December 2020

Lower Derwent Valley

 A misty morning, A friend in Leeds could not see the bottom of his garden!

I decided to walk around Askham Bog but when I got there, there were lots of people so I decided to go to North Duffield Carrs.


Misty in the distance and I could hear  lots of geese.


From the bottom hide the visibility was slightly better. Lots of birds, but they were a long way away.

A few birds were on the bund






 In the distance a marsh harrier was been mobbed by crows


4 whooper swans flew in but did not land


the crows chased a buzzard into a  tree


this disturbed some lapwings


lots of pintails in the distance


I then left and called in at Thorganby on my way home.




Lots of water. Greylags close by and wigeon a bit further out.


The road to Wheldrake Ings is under water, so I did not try to get through. I went to the viewing tower at Bank Island.

Lots of water, a single mute swan, a few tufted ducks and black headed gulls.

Lets hope for better weather for the rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment