Thursday 27 June 2024

Bolton Percy.

 


This is a photo of All Saints Church, Bolton Percy, which celebrates its 600th birthday next month. 

A bit of a trip down memory lane today, as I used to visit the area some 65 years , As a school boy train spotter I would cycle to the railway station to collect steam train numbers. I even travelled on the last train that left the station for York in September 1965!


A view of the church from the cemetery. I saw this young bird, which I think could be a blackbird?


I then drove to the nature reserve



This used to be a brilliant little reserve until Network Rail, or whoever started work on the railway line and ruined it. The flowers are slowly starting to grow again, but I only saw 1 butterfly today, as did another chap. Before the work was started on the railway, I used to see several species of butterfly.

What a waste, just to reduce the travel time by two minutes!





I will visit again next month when it is the Big Butterfly Count.




No comments:

Post a Comment