Monday 26 April 2021

RSPB Conwy

 Catching up on last years cancelled holiday in Llandudno. As I sit typing this post I can look out of the window and see herring gulls, sandwich terns and gannets fishing. I arrived her just before lunch. After dropping off luggage I went to RSPB Conwy.


The hides were closed but you could look through the screens. 

Mute swans, shelducks, herring and great black backed gulls. Tufted ducks, mallard and gadwall were on the water.


This canada goose was re-arranging its nest and keeping an eye on its egg. I am sure that the herring gull would look after it!

The path through the reserve leads to the Conwy estuary. It was low tide, so the few birds that I could see were in the distance. On the right hand side of the path are lots of brambles which form the reserve boundary. This whitethroat perched on top of some brambles to sing.


My first of the year. A little further along I got a glimpse of a sedge warbler. I had heard them singing in the reeds on the reserve but had not managed to see one.


This was my fourth tick of the day and took my year total to 121. South Stack tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment