Thursday 25 April 2024

Farndale

 


On Wednesday afternoon I drove to Farndale where I was talking to the local YCA group.

I arrived in plenty of time, so went for a walk along the trail that thousands of people have walked in the past to see the daffodils. Most of the daffodils have now stopped flowering, one or two remain


 
Bluebells are now in flower


along with primroses

windflowers


marsh marigolds


the wild garlic is also starting to flower and there were lots of violets and the trees had blossom,


As I started my walk I was pleasantly surprised to see a barn owl out hunting


it flew around a field for a while before landing


As I walked along the side of the river


I surprised a grey heron which was in the river looking for its supper, Further along I came to this field


pheasants, red legged partridge, mistle thrush and this song thrush were busy feeding


I did not walk any further as it was nearly time for my talk. On my return journey this chaffinch flew into a field


As I was taking this picture of a bracket fungus


I noticed a movement in the tree and saw this treecreeper


Back in the car park I could hear this siskin singing.



A pleasant walk on a sunny spring evening

No comments:

Post a Comment