Wednesday 17 January 2024

Wednesday 17th.

 At the moment on a Tuesday and a Wednesday I pick up my daughter from her work and take her home or to college. I also walk her dog, so I try to fit some birding in between the taxi jobs.

Today I was walking the dog on Leeman Road Millennium Green, when I spotted this little egret in a tree close to Holgate Beck.


After walking the dog I went to Askham Bog. I put some seed on the top of fence posts and waited to see which birds might come for some seed.


Blue tits, great tits and then a marsh tit. Another year tick.


This coal tit was waiting for its turn


Having taken a piece of seed it flew up into a nearby tree and started to eat it.


I walked further along the boardwalk to the pond. In the past I have seen bullfinch, siskin, redpoll and great spotted woodpecker here, but today I only saw


Mrs blackbird and a reed bunting


Further round the boardwalk I stopped to listen and watch redwing and jays. As I was standing a robin came and landed on my shoulder! So I put some seed on my open hand.


Just before I reached the entrance to the reserve I saw a tree creeper.

A pleasant walk in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment