Friday 19 January 2024

Askham Bog

 In-between 3 shopping trips yesterday I managed to fit in a couple of hours at Askham Bog in the afternoon.

It was a pleasant surprise to find that my friend Chris was already there. After a short chat Chris put some bird food on top of one of the fence posts in the hope that a marsh or willow tit might come to feed.

Sadly we managed to see great, blue and coal tits but only a fleeting glance of a marsh tit.


A grey squirrel came to feed on the food that Chris had put on the fence post, and the birds stayed away. Shortly afterwards Chris left and I walked down to the pond area.



I stopped there until it was starting to get dark, in the hope of seeing a woodcock, but no such luck. I added redwing and buzzard to my day list.

It was good to see Chris again.

No comments:

Post a Comment