Sunday 14 March 2021

Railway Pond

 The forecast predicted better weather this morning, before cloud and rain spread from the west about mid morning.

So just after 7am I set out for my daily exercise.


On this part of the Moor I saw a redwing again. If it is the same bird, then it has been here for a few weeks, but it is very shy, and soon flies into cover. Lots of dunnocks singing and chasing each other about. Mostly male blackbirds dashing about, with the occasional view of a female.

I then walked through the tunnel under the railway line and towards the Railway Pond.


Lots of birds along this path, most of them were looking for food in the mud and dead leaves at the path edge.



It was nice to see a song thrush, this one was quite happy looking for food while I took a few pictures.

I saw three different ones on my walk . Blackbirds were also looking for food.




this squirrel was observing things.


a wren was singing



a pair of mute swans were on the pond, the first time that I have seen swans here.

Both of them had been ringed. Y143 and Y521



a pair of bullfinches were also present.


A pleasant morning walk on Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment