Tuesday 9 March 2021

"Enjoyment in the bog!"

 Now that we are allowed out for enjoyment each day, I decided to visit Askham Bog.

My  first celandine of this year.









I lost count of the number of robins I saw. blue, great and coal tits. Blackbirds, magpies, woodpigeons and carrion cows. Dunnocks came to feed on the seed I put on top of the fence posts.




By the pond I saw redpolls feeding high up in the trees and nearby a pair of bullfinches. As I was watching them I also saw a goldcrest.



 Further round I stopped to watch a wren and noticed some movement in a tree and when I looked through my binoculars I saw that it was a female siskin. I then heard jays and saw two birds flying from one part of the wood to. another.

On the way back to the entrance I came across these squirrels.







A pleasant "recreation" time and added two birds to my year list.


No comments:

Post a Comment