Tuesday 30 March 2021

Looking up!

 After yesterdays excellent birding, today was always going to be a low key affair. 

I had been doing a few odd jobs in the garden and then sat outside to eat my lunch. Looking up I noticed a buzzard high up, then another and other, then there was 4. Just circling high up in the sky. So my day list was looking a bit better. Blackbird, starling, house sparrow, wood pigeon, herring gull and my first peacock butterfly of the year. Plus I could hear the chiffchaffs on Hob Moor calling.

A while later I heard gulls calling and on my left saw gulls chasing a bird, but they all went out of view behind the houses. I was just about to get out of my chair when a large bird flew over our front garden, it was an osprey!!

Not bad for a quiet day at home birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment