Thursday 11 March 2021

Chapmans Pond

 I combined a trip to the petrol station with my recreation and exercise. I could have probably picked better weather to visit Chapmans Pond.


The weather however kept the visitor numbers low. Just two blokes, who were sat in a tent, fishing. How this manages to count as exercise I don't know, when bird watching is not allowed! They did eventually move when one of them caught a fish.


On the lake I saw a moorhen, a coot


and a great crested grebe.


I am guessing that the small birds were sheltering from the rain and strong wind, by staying in the bushes.

I got a glimpse of 2 blue tits, a long tailed tit flew across the path and several wood pigeons were fluttering about in the trees.



It was pleasant when I was able to get out of the wind and rain. Just another 17 days I hope and then a bit more freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment