Monday 1 March 2021

First day of spring!!

 Yesterday, the last day of winter, meteorological wise, the sun was shining, it was almost T shirt weather.

Today was the first day of spring, and it was back on with my woolly hat and scarf when I went onto the Moor with Cookie.


An hour earlier and you could not have seen the carrion crow, never mind the trees. Not much bird life about today, compared to yesterday, which I am putting down to the change in weather. When I first moved into the area 28 years ago, I could see skylarks on the Moor, and hear them from my garden. Sadly they disappeared several years ago. Each spring I still walk on the Moor to look and listen for the birds. However, like lots of open spaces, the Moor has seen a huge increase in the number of people using the area for exercise, and there are paths all over the place. There are therefore no suitable areas for the skylarks to nest in, however I will keep looking and hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment