Friday 5 July 2024

Election day at Blacktoft

 After voting and shopping I arrived at Blacktoft just before 2pm. I called in at the visitor centre and had a chat with Pat, who was on duty. We had not seen each other for quite a while. She told me that she had found two greenshanks on Marshland, so off I set.


I joined Carl in the hide and he pointed out the greenshanks to me. Year tick 174. I tried to take a photo as they were close to the hide, but my camera failed to work. In order to make room for the shopping I had taken my spare camera out of my car, so I was unable to get any photos!

This is a poor attempt with my mobile to capture the 6 green sandpipers.



Then to make matters worse a great white egret landed in front of the hide.



About 3.30pm I went back to the visitor centre to talk to Pat. Stu was there having a cup of tea, and then Pete arrived, followed by Daz. Pat went home and I stayed for a chat with Daz until 5pm when it was time to close the visitor centre.

I returned to Marshland as was able to add 3 curlews to my day list.

I had a walk to Singleton hide from where I could see lots of gadwall and a couple of male wigeon.

Pochard were on Townend lagoon and just coots in front of 1st hide.

Lots of little grebes and male tufted ducks on Reedling lagoon, and just as I was about to leave to lock up a single spoonbill flew past on its way to Marshland.









No comments:

Post a Comment