Wednesday 26 August 2020

Tophill Low

A windy morning so I decided to go to a reserve with hides so I could shelter from the wind. If I had braved the coast then I would have added several birds to my year list.
2nd vehicle in the car park at the reserve. After getting my parking ticket I set off for the hides at the south end of the reserve, No birds at all to be seen from the first hide so I went to the photography hide. A few gadwall having a preen but not much else to be seen.

From the next hide I could see a little egret
a pair of snipe were hiding
Time to move on to the next hide where I saw a common sandpiper.

From the next hide I visited I was able to watch sand martins coming to feed their young in the man made bank of nests.



young whitethroats were hopping about in the brambles near the sand martin nests.
From the hide at Wooton I could see lots of greylags and canadas as well as 67 cormorants.
After lunch I walked to the hides at the north end of the reserve but no extra birds for my list.









No comments:

Post a Comment