Wednesday 12 August 2020

They are back!

I don't want to keep you in suspense for too long!
What am I talking about?
Well I was at North Cave.
Can you see it?
Yes it is a bench. Thankfully the benches have been returned to the hides. Only a couple of benches in each hide, but I do appreciate their return. I have taking a fold up chair, but it was not quite high enough.
There were a few birds about on the lake. The mute swans were having a preen, including stretching a leg.


A little grebe was fishing.
A few mallards and gadwall were swimming about, but no other birds.
Crossland hide is currently closed due to problems with the floor.
A walk down the perimeter path was rewarded with views of the fruit etc, in the hedgerows. Birds should have plenty to feed on this autumn.



Plenty of colour in the hedgerows.
From the next hide I was able to watch terns fishing.



On my walk to the turret hide I saw lots of butterflies.




A caterpillar was crawling along the path.
a bee was on a flower
The water level in front of the turret hide is very low, so there are not many birds about. 5 green sandpipers were busy feeding.
On my walk back to the car, I saw no birds. It was nice to see the terns fishing, they will soon be on their way south. No sign of any swifts, swallows or sand martins on the reserve or on my journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment