Wednesday 22 March 2023

Grateful for roadworks.

 In the 50+ years that I have been driving I have often cursed at roadworks. Today I had taken granddaughter back to Scarborough and I was driving to Bempton Cliffs. There had been reports of an alpine swift so I was hoping to see one and possibly a puffin. Just after the second Filey roundabout there are roadworks and a set of traffic lights. As I was sat waiting for the lights to change I saw an alpine swift fly across the road, how lucky was that!

Good views of gannets, fulmars and kittiwakes at Bempton, but only 1 guillemot, no razorbill and no puffins.

I called into Filey Dams on the way home.

Buzzard sat in one of its usual spots, with a squirrel in the box below it.


Shelducks are paired up


The colours on the male mallard were showing well in the sunlight.


A chiffchaff was in the bushes behind the Central hide, 2nd tick of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment