Thursday 16 March 2023

East coast birding

 My usual Wednesday visit to the coast. I started at Bridlington in the hope of seeing waders as it was high tide mid morning. Lots of dog walkers, so no sign of any birds. A walk to the harbour was rewarded with views of turnstone and redshank.




RSPB Bempton Cliffs was my next stop.


Here I managed to add black redstart to my year list.




Filey Dams was my last stop.


The usual mix of gulls.


A pair of tufted ducks were busily feeding



On my past few visits I have seen a buzzard near the owl boxes and sand martin box, and one was there yesterday. 



It had an attempt to catch something in the reeds but it was soon mobbed by carrion crows.

An egyptian goose made a brief appearance at the far end of the lagoon.

Plenty of blue tits flying about


It was pleasant in the sunshine and spring did feel a bit closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment