Thursday 20 January 2022

Askham Bog


 My first visit of this year. More good winter sunshine.I took some bird seed with me and placed some  on several fence posts. It was only a matter of seconds until birds came to feed.





then a grey squirrel came along and all the birds flew off.


I walked a bit further along the boardwalk and saw goldfinches and siskins feeding in the trees.


a kestrel was on the lookout for a meal


I continued walking and had almost reached the entrance when I saw a treecreeper, tick 96 for the year. I tried taking a photo, but the bird moved very quickly and there always seemed to be a twig in the way.

A small flock of redwings flew into some trees as I approached the part of the wood where they had been searching for food in the leaf litter.


A pleasant two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment