Saturday 31 July 2021

Saturday afternoon at Blacktoft.

 I arrived just after 1pm to give Stuart a hand. It started to rain as I walked to the visitor centre, but it did mot last long. The weather for the rest of the day was a mixture of sunshine and cloud. Just outside the centre a speckled wood butterfly had settled .


When the centre had closed I walked to Marshland to see if I could find some of the waders people had reported.. The hide faces west so on a sunny afternoon it is not always easy to see the birds.


lots of birds on the water, mallard, little egret, wood pigeon, greylag goose, dunlin, little ringed plover, green sandpiper, greenshank, black tailed godwit, lapwing, sniipe, ruff, redshank and spotted redshank.

I managed a few photos.










What will tomorrow bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment