Tuesday 9 February 2021

Battleground!

 I am trying my best to feed the birds that visit my garden. There are about 6 house sparrows that visit on a regular basis, and they are happy to use the feeders.

A male blackbird is content feeding on the ground, picking up the bits that the sparrows drop, or visiting next doors bird table. However recently I have had at least male blackbirds in the garden. A young male with a black beak, picks up what bits he can find. The other two males spend more time chasing each other away than feeding. I have not seen the female for a while, perhaps she has started to build a nest.

Out on the moor yesterday with the dog. Lots of kids with plastic sledges, hoping for some fun. The one hilly part has been very busy and with the wet weather has become a quagmire. Part of West Bank Park has become the same as the kids play football on the same bit of wet ground.





No comments:

Post a Comment