Friday 26 February 2021

Another week in lockdown

 A mixed week. My wife and I have been invited to join the ONS Covid 19 infection survey and we had our first swab last week. We got our results by post today.


Our tests were negative. We did our second one yesterday and hope that the result will be the same.

Not much bird news. The  3 male blackbirds seem to have sorted out whose territory our garden is, nobodys! All we get now is the odd fly through.


A pair of collared doves visit the garden on a regular basis. In the good old days, Chris and I would often try not to see collared doves on our days out!

Weather on Monday was not brilliant, but at least I had the park to myself when I walked the dog.

Yesterday I had to drop of a request for a repeat prescription at the doctors, so I came home via the racecourse and went for a walk.


sunny day but a strong wind.


Having crossed the racecourse I entered the wood. No sign of bird life at all. The wood, along with other open/green spaces has taken the brunt of people out for their daily exercise.

This morning there was still a touch of frost on the grass on Hob Moor.





more blue sky this afternoon


A full moon this evening and a chance to look at my estate. For my birthday in January I was given

1 acre of land on the Moon!

I think that the red dot marks the spot.


 

One more week of full lockdown, and then I can sit on bench and have a picnic!


No comments:

Post a Comment