Tuesday 5 January 2021

Ist tick in lockdown 3.

 I had planned to go to Staveley, Nosterfield and Marfield in the hope of adding about 6 ticks to my year list. However now that we are in lockdown and I am only allowed out for an hour a day for exercise, not leisure or recreation, I will need to plan my walks with care.


I had to go to the doctors to drop of a repeat prescription request so decided to go to the raecourse and walk along the footpath. I parked my car near the old chocolate factory that belonged to Terrys of York.

Near there, the path joins the Selby Cycle route so I walked along there for a while.




The weather was fine, sunny but a bit cold. Quite a few people about, a lot walking dogs. 


 

A few black headed gulls on the ground looking for food. As I passed some allotments I could hear house sparrows and there were several male blackbirds also looking for food. A robin was sheltering in the hedge.


This used to be a "Law School".

The path crosses the actual racecourse and then on my right there is a small wood, which I think is called Knavesmire Wood.


It started to rain so I went into the wood for shelter and saw some long tailed tits, a new bird for my year list.

Lets hope I can be lucky on future outings, but I don't think that I will manage to get a new tick every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment