Saturday 9 January 2021

Feeding time

 For todays exercise  I walked to the Railway Pond.

Lots of people out walking. I have to go through the tunnel under the railway, and despite signs saying keep left, people insist in walking three abreast! Lots of people on the moor, I counted 60. No wonder that people are driving to "quiet" places. 


As I was feeding the ducks, moorhens and coots, other people, including families were throwing sticks etc on to the ice! Is it me or do people not know how to behave.

Not many small birds to be seen today, perhaps because of the noise. Still a few fieldfares about, even though most of the berries have now gone from the bushes. Due  to the icy conditions it must be difficult getting food out of the ground. The slightly warmer next week should help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment