Friday 15 January 2021

3 more ticks in lockdown

 Needed to do some shopping, so called in at Askham Bog on the way.


Lots of snow still on the golf course.


still frost on the vegetation

very crunchy underfoot



Lots of small birds about, the robins were very friendly.


I took some bird food with me and put small amounts on the top of fence posts.

Wood pigeon, blackbird, robin, blue, coal, great and willow tits were soon flying down to feed. As I walked around the reserve I saw a nuthatch busy looking for food, and lots of wrens dashing about. A dunnock was feeding on the ground. I heard jays chattering but was unable to locate them.

Now that I am home the fog has suddenly descended, so I am glad that I went out earlier. Another 3 birds to add to my year list..

No comments:

Post a Comment