Thursday 10 September 2020

Wild goose chase: the end

Another visit to North Cave Wetlands. I parked near the South Hide and looked at the large number of geese in the field. I slowly scanned through the flock of greylags and this time I was able to see the Egyptian geese. When I got back to my car I saw this moth on one of my tyres.


I then walked down to the hide over looking the reedbed lake. Lots of gadwall and lapwing.





As I walked back to my car I saw lots of dragonflies and damselflies, some of which landed and I managed a photo.



not a lot of activity in front of South and East hide.
A young bullfinch was calling from the top of a bush.

From the turret hide I was able to see 4 curlews and a ruff, all the green sandpipers must have flown elsewhere.
If the weather is fine on Monday I am going to try a seawatch at Filey.

No comments:

Post a Comment