Monday 14 September 2020

Bottle nosed dolphins at Filey.

As the weather forecast for today was for good weather, I decided to go to Filey, in the hope of adding to my bird list for the year.
Filey Dams was my first stop. Curlews, dunlin, common sandpiper, snipe, grey heron, shoveler, teal, mallard and mallard were present.




There are usually lots of gulls on the reserve but today they were all following the plough.
On my way from one hide to another I passed these large fungi.


A grey heron was perched on a post, having a preen.



East Lea was my next stop. I t is a 10 minute walk from the reserve.

Not much activity on the bird front. Lapwings, moorhens and magpies.
The Brig was my next stop.


the view from the bird hide.

again it was all quiet on the bird front. Gannets going back and forth to Bempton, a fulmar gliding over the sea, a few sandwich terns going south and two red throated divers.
I spent most of my time trying to photograph bottle nosed dolphins as they went passed.







a seal poked his head up and looked at the visitors on the Brigg.
 A pleasant day in glorious sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment