Tuesday 29 September 2020

Filey and Hunmanby Gap

The weather forecast for today was good so I decided to go to Filey. My first stop was at Filey Dams,


2 curlews were with the gulls,

From the last hide I could see lapwings




a male shoveler  was busy having a preen,




a snipe walked closer to the hide







this dragon fly was on one of the fences.
My next stop was the Country Park.


I had a walk around the cliff top area and saw lots of goldfinches and greenfinches.
I cane across this deer in a field.


a kestrel was hunting over the cliffs.



I then started a seawatch.

lots of gannets out at sea fishing, one guillemot on the sea.
A sooty shearwater flew north and five black throated divers flew south.
Time to move on so I decided to visit Hunmanby Gap as birds are often reported from the area.




I had a walk along the clfftop but only managed to add a male bullfinch to my list.
When I got home I read a report that a yellow browed warbler was in the area!
The joy of birding!



No comments:

Post a Comment