Wednesday 8 February 2023

The gull and a tennis ball.

 


Usual Wednesday visit to the coast and taking granddaughter shopping. Filey Brigg was a bit misty and too blustery for a telescope.

Fulmars, gannets and herring gulls were flying about, but I could not make out any waders on the Brigg. Filey Dams was my next stop.

A young herring gull had found a tennis ball in the water, kept picking it up and taking it to the top of the bund.

the ball would then roll back into the water.


a couple of pink footed geese were with the canada and greylag geese.


female tufted duck and a male gadwall



I came home via Forge Valley and stopped at the car park with the feeders. Several birds including a nuthatch, tick number 109.





Thornton le Dale was my net stop on my way home. No dipper, but a grey wagtail was tick number 110 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment