Monday 13 February 2023

Eyebrook Reservoir

 




First visit to the area. Nice sunny day and it even felt a little warm in the sunshine.


A nice tree on which to hang bird feeders. Plenty of visits from blue, great and long tailed tits.

A lady told me where she had seen smew and scaup from so I set off on a walk around the reservoir.

2 great white egrets were busy feeding near the bridge and lots of canada geese and wigeon grazing in the fields. Lots of black headed gulls on the edge of the water. A little viewpoint had 

some useful signs about the birds that might be seen.

From the other side of the reservoir I could see better as the sun was behind me. Plenty of wigeon, great crested grebes and goldeneye. I carefully scanned through the tufted ducks and managed to see a scaup, but I was unable to find a smew.

Tick number 111 on my year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment