Monday 30 January 2023

"The bog and the Winter Beast"

 Not sure if the content of this post will match the title!

Saturday afternoon I went for a walk around Askham Bog. I met Chris and Anne LLoyd and then Mark.

Birdwise is was fairly quiet, the usual members of the titmice family and a couple of noisy jays.


Round the pond area some one has kicked the end pieces off the board walk and thrown them into the water. Now that nature is acknowledged as something that is good for people, why do people destroy it!

Sunday morning at St. Aidans


This was my spot where I was acting as a marshall for the "Winter Beast", a 6.66 miles run through mud and water around St. Aidans. During my 2 hour stint I collected 17 birds onto my list including black headed gulls harassing a peregrine.

On my way home I called in at Fairburn Ings and added great white egret and little egret to my year list and near Ulleskelf I saw a red legged partridge which took my year total to 102. 

No comments:

Post a Comment