Thursday 10 June 2021

The Young Ones

 Not the 1961 single by Cliff Richard or the comedy tv programme, but the young birds which I am glad to say are everywhere/


Blacktoft Sands on Sunday morning. This barn owl was flying back with prey for its young.


This young blue tit was finding food on the reed stalks.

a grey heron was having a preen
this male marsh harrier was hunting in the reed bed
sedge warblers were looking for food in the reeds in the ditches.


This male marsh harrier has been called "dangly" by some locals due to one leg trailing lower than the other.

Tuesday afternoon I was at Nosterfield.


brilliant sunny weather and the hides are now open so I enjoyed sitting in the shade.



 Lots of young lapwings


As I walked to the Northern Hide screen I noticed lots of flowers






Flasks Lake.



a pair of great crested grebes had at least one young




ten minutes before I took this picture, two ospreys were sat on it!
The four peregrine chicks are now flying around York Minster, so I went down this afternoon to try and see them.
This young peregrine was perched on top of the central tower.



I think that this is the male perched a bit lower down the tower.

They then flew down onto the ledge where the nest tray is, the young one dropped down out of site.
The male was looking about.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment