Friday 18 June 2021

New birds on the patch.


 
Now that the cows are on the "moor" I don't take the Cookie the dog there very often as she has a habit of coming home covered in you know what! However we went on to the moor today with some other dogs and while we were there 2 oystercatchers flew over, new birds for my patch list..  A large bird of prey was chased over the moor by lots of crows. I think that it was a buzzard but without my bins I could not be sure.

I was at Blacktoft Sands on Thursday. It was a quiet day.. Marsh harriers were as active as ever. 




Whitethroats are still looking for food for chicks


tree sparrows are also feeding young


this red admiral butterfly liked the table with the hand sanitiser .







Lots of families on the reserve.



the bittern is going fishing


just before I left the barn owl was out hunting



No comments:

Post a Comment