Thursday 26 November 2020

Will I ever learn!

 I wrote on an earlier blog about taking my camera with me when I go for a walk. I went out for a walk today and thought that the weather was too dull for photos. All of todays pictures were taken using my mobile phone.

After watching the news on the television to find out which tier I will be in when the lockdown ends.( I will be in tier 2, which is bearable and I hope to get out a bit more.) I went for a walk near Colton, just outside York.


As you can see it was a cloudy, dull afternoon. I set off down the road and was amazed to see that there were still the odd splashes of colour in the hedgerow and verge.























As I walked along the road I saw a single wren, and dunnock on the top of the hedges. I could hear a lot of bird "song" and eventually traced it to starlings who were perched in trees on the other side of the railway line.

The road surface soon changes at the bottom of the hill and becomes more of a track.

 
The railway line is now on my right hand side



there are more trains during this lockdown than the previous one.
At the top of the hill I could hear lots of bird noise and could see blackbirds, fieldfares, redwings and chaffinches. I was wondering why they were all in this area

when I passed this gap in the hedge and looked into the field where all the birds came from and wondered if they had been bathing in the pools of water.
As I walked back towards my car along the main road from Bolton Percy to Colton I could lots of bird noise again. There was a small flock of tree sparrows on the top of one of the hedges and several male yellowhammers.
Just before I got back to the road over the railway line I came across another small flock of birds. Reed buntings, dunnocks and a lot of yellowhammers. They remained on top of the hedge and would have made a good photo if I had taken my camera!







No comments:

Post a Comment