Sunday 10 March 2024

Mothers Day at Blacktoft

 

Not the weather you would wish for on any day, let alone Mothers day. Cloud, rain and a cold wind.

After a brief chat with Katherine and Craig in reception, I walked to Marshland hide. I chose this hide  as it was the only one you could sit in with the windows open and not have the cold wind and rain blow in.

I cannot remember when I last saw a little grebe on land, this one was asleep, sheltered by the wigeons from the worst of the weather.

This was one of several tufted ducks on the lagoon, sometimes when they surfaced their beaks were covered in mud. Several snipe were resting in sheltered spots.



When it stopped raining, marsh harriers started to display.


One sat on a bush in front of First hide. If only the light was better.


A pleasant visit, despite the weather.












 

I cannot remeber

No comments:

Post a Comment