Sunday 31 March 2024

Easter Saturday at Blacktoft

 

Lovely sunny morning as I arrived at the reserve. The blossom on the tree contrasted well with the blue sky and I could hear 3 bitterns booming. Ousefleet hide was my first stop.



We need to tell the ponies that the islands are for the birds!
13 avocets on the lagoon, including these sleeping ones



108 black tailed godwits




 a single pied wagtail




One of the several chiffchaffs on the reserve



Marshland hide was my second stop


sleeping shovelers


a female wigeon feeding


male wigeon having a drink



The reserve was very popular yesterday, Stu and I were kept busy with the 100 plus visitors we had. I did not get a chance to take pictures of the 2 water voles sitting on the bank opposite 1st hide, or the long tailed tits catching insects near reception windows. Just had time to talk to Gerald, Catherine, Jean and Andrew, in between all the visitors.
Once we had closed reception I had a walk to Reedling hide to see if I could see the bittern that had started to boom again, but no luck.


The evening sunshine lighting up the reedbed.
This little egret was having a battle with a stickleback.



























1830, time to lock up and go home.







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment