Sunday 24 September 2023

Curlew sandpipers at Blacktoft Sands

 After helping at the football club this morning I decided to go to Blacktoft as the weather was not as bad as forecast,

After a word with Daz in reception I went to Marshland hide.

Lots of snipe


After a while, Pete and Masha came into the hide and told me about the 6 curlew sandpipers and other waders at Singleton.

Dunlin, ruff, snipe, redshank, spotted redshank, lapwing, black tailed godwit and curlew sandpiper were all busily feeding. The teams hard work to reduce the water level after the flood were paying off.



Marsh harriers kept flying over the lagoon which disturbed the birds and made trying so sort out the different waders difficult.


Spotted redshanks were walking along the edge of the water


At least 14 little egrets


and 2 great white egrets


several grey herons


A pleasant couple of hours and I was surprised that I manged some photos despite the poor light conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment