Friday 22 September 2023

Cattle egrets at Fairburn Ings.

 


After I had completed the H&S checks at St. Aidans and Fairburn, I had a walk down to the Lin Dike hide.

Lots of small birds in the bushes/trees as I walked along the path towards the hide. Blue, great, long tailed and willow tits. Robin, cetti's warbler, chiffchaff and possibly others, but they moved too fast for me to be able to identify them.

From the hide I could see lots of black-headed gulls, lapwings and teal. I did not take my telescope, so I was unable to identify all the ducks at the far end of the water. A green sandpiper slowly came closer to the hide as it was feeding.


 This spoonbill was in the distance and looked as if it was sitting on the post. At the far end of the reserve several cattle egrets were with the cattle.

A jay was busily looking for acorns.

A few butterflies on the wing.




No comments:

Post a Comment