Saturday 3 December 2022

Winter sea watch on November 21st

 I am not sure how I managed this, but this post ended up on another page on my blog.

I started at Flamborough where I was hoping to see the waxwings that had been recently reported. Visibility was not brilliant due to mist. The birds were perched in the treetops and were not coming down to the trees with berries on. 3 photographers were asking why. They were stood about a foot away from the tree, what did they expect!




Carl turned up to see the birds and then we went to the Headland in the hope of seeing little auk ands velvet scoter. Sadly, we saw neither. Lots of guillemots flying about and common scoters.

Seals were close to the shore




they were very close to each other; do they mate in water?

After a couple of hours I went to RSPB Bempton Cliffs.



The long eared owl was still to be seen in the Dell. Black redstart and ring ouzel had been reported but all I managed to find were these goldfinches.




No comments:

Post a Comment