Sunday 25 December 2022

Grafham Water

 As I mentioned in my last posting, I did return to Grafham Water on Saturday morning before driving home from Cambridge. The weather was much better than on my previous visit.


The vast majority of the birds on the water were coots, with a few goldeneye and tufted ducks. However, once the sailing boats came onto the reservoir, the birds slowly moved towards the nature reserve side.

The two Bewick's swans were easier to see in the sunshine.



Lots of teal, but no sign of a green winged one. Pied wagtails, meadow pipits, chaffinches, siskin and a pair of bullfinches were close to the hide.






Something disturbed the birds and within a couple of minutes there were no birds to be seen from the hide, so I decided to leave and drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment