Saturday 31 December 2022

Paxton Pitts

 



Not the best weather for my last birding session of the year. I found a nice dry corner out of the wind in the kingfisher hide and spent a pleasant hour watching 10 goldeneye. There 6 males and 4 females and some of the males were displaying. The group of them slowly visited different parts of the lagoon, but not near enough for a picture in the poor light.

The rain stopped about 11am but the light did not improve until I was in the car driving to Cambridge to pick up my granddaughter.

I need to get another car asap, as my old one is too costly to repair. So 2023 birding will be off to a slow start. I had thought about going to see the walruss, but did not fancy battling through crowds of people on January 1st.

Best wishes to all for a bird filled 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment