Saturday 12 March 2022

Staveley

 After a morning at the football club time to be outside. Where to go? Not too far as it cost me £74 to fill the car fuel tank. I decided to try Staveley and was pleasantly surprised to discover the car park nearly empty.


This is the view from the first hide I visited. Greylag, canada and this pink foopted goose.


Last years young swans are still together, keeping away from mum and dad.

as he chases them if they get too close.
From the next hide there were lots of reed buntings, mostly male near the feeders.


This one was waiting his turn to get onto a feeder


this male decided to destroy the reed mace! I saw this fungi on the way to another hide


37 species of bird on my day list. Nothing special, goldeneye lingering before going north while oystercatchers fly around making a noise as they battle for territory. A pleasant four hours in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment