Thursday 31 March 2022

Albert is back!

 While I was at Blacktoft yesterday I saw a tweet informing people that a black browed albatross had been seen at Bempton. I presume that this is the same bird that was there last year. A couple from Southend on Sea visited Bempton on Tuesdaym but did not see any puffins. They were not impressed when I told that the albatross is back!


This is my picture from last year when I saw the bird fly. Today it was sat on the cliffs.



It is the 4th bird from the right with the black wings. Chris was there and he told me where to look to see the bird, He had been there for a while and was starting to feel the cold, he was waiting to see the bird in flight. I had called in on my way to Scarborough to take my granddaughter shopping, so had to leave after a short while.

After doing the shopping I went to Filey Dams.


The wind and rain was blowing into the hides so I had to choose where to sit to stay dry and warm.


Not sure if this greylag was sheltering from the wind or was on its nest.




Most of the birds were sheltering from the wind and sleet and there were no waders to be seen.

Blacktoft tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment