Monday 21 February 2022

Up and down at NDC

 

Just 3pm when I sat down in Garganey hide at North Duffield Carrs. The weather was better than yesterday but the wind direction was different, so I sat facing the Wolds rather than upstream.

Just like yesterday only a few ducks to be seen on the water. Others could have been sheltering from the wind, but I never saw them. 2 male stonechats again, but they did not come near the hide today and only 1 hare running up and down. Most of the activity was on the bits of dry land where the waders were.



Mostly golden plover, then lapwings, about 40 dunlin and 4 redshank with a single curlew again.

A buzzard flew over


All the waders took to the air





While several lapwings chased the buzzard away the golden plovers circled, one minute golden brown then white as they banked to turn round. This happened several times and what a sight it was.

5pm and the weather had changed so I walked back to my car. On the way I disturbed these fieldfares.


They were heading east. Was that because the wind was blowing them that way or were they on their way home?

No comments:

Post a Comment