Tuesday 22 February 2022

Blackwits at Blacktoft

 I arrived at Blacktoft at opening time, just as the team were getting ready for the days tasks. I had not seen some of them this year, so it was good to have a catch up. My plan for the day was to start at Ousefleet and end at Singleton. On my way to Ousefleet, I popped into Xerox hide and had a quick look at the ducks on the water. I then went to Marshland where a lot of black tailed godwits had just flown in and landed on the islands. Pete came into to see them and out total count was 116.

A buzzard was keeping an eye on them


We left the hide at the same time, Pete went back to the office and I walked to Ousefleet. The ponies were grazing on the left hand side of the hide.


close to the hide, teal, shoveler,wigeon and gadwall were feeding.


The godwits and dunlin had moved from Marshland to Ousefleet and some were close to the hide.


Then all the waders and ducks took to the air


Two peregrines were out hunting


just the shelducks remained


I left the hide and walked to Xerox hide.


It was high tide and this boat was going towards Goole. The marsh harriers are now getting more active 






two deer were grazing in the reedbed.


Just coots on the water in front of 1st hide and a chaffinch on the roof.


Just a few sleeping mallard on Townend lagoon, a pair of goldeneye were on the water in front of Singleton


A very pleasant day, despite the strong wind and rain showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment