Thursday 16 July 2020

Otters at Staveley

After yesterdays weather it was nice to be able to go out in sunshine.
I decided to visit Staveley Nature Reserve after tea,
A song thrush was singing to welcome me
Common terns were flying about as the adults caughtfish and took it to their young.
I moved on to the reedbed hide.
A reed bunting was singing away
It was fairly quiet otherwise and then I noticed some movement in the water in front of me.
At the other side of the water just inside the reedbed I could see movement. It took me a couple of minutes to work out what it was, then I realised it was two otters playing.
Not brilliant photos as they kept rolling about, disappearing either under the water or in the reedbed.
They played for about 20 minutes and then suddenly disapperared.





































As I left the reserve a song thrush was perched on a wire singing, a nice way to end a pleasant evening visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment