Monday 13 July 2020

A rainy Monday morning at Staveley

It was raining as I set off from the car park at 0830.
The flower meadow still had lots of colour
Only mute swans in the distance as I looked out of the first hide.
From the second hide the common terns were busy fishing to feed their young, which are now able to fly/





A reed warbler was feeding its young in the reeds in front of the hide. No clear views of either bird.





A family of mute swans were the only birds to be seen from the next hide. I followed the path and passed lots of flowers.




I crossed the river.




As I walked along the path next to this crop, swallows were swooping low as they hunted for insects.
 
I followed the path and re-entered the reserve.



I followed the path to the right

I did not see any birds from this hide.
I walked on until I came to the next hide.
It reminded me of the Crossland hide at North Cave Wetlands.

A good view from the hide.

Lapwings, gulls and ducks were on the water.
a sedge warbler was singing from in front of the hide.

 
Lots of reed buntings.


A very pleasant, if somewhat longer than expected walk around the reserve.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment