Sunday 12 July 2020

A quiet Sunday morning at North Cave.

A nice sunny morning and I was pleased to see that the car park at the reerve was not full.
Although the hides are open the seating is still missing, so I had to kneel down in the hides so that I could see out of the windows.
Not a lot of birds to be seen from the East hide, mosty feral pigeons and coots.
The water level in the lagoon to the left of the Turrett hide is very low. If this is designed to attract waders on their way back from the Arctic, then the waders need telling! No pigeons just coots on the water.
As I walked along the perimiter path, there was a lot of bird activity in the hedge.
These are a couple of the birds I saw.





Plenty of colour in the hedgerow
From the hide I could see greylag geese
A little egret was on lookout duty
Further along the path it was pleasant to walk in the shade
From Crosslandhide I saw a family of great crested grebes and mallards.
Plus 14 little egrets

A grey heron and a cormorant flew in to join them.
Carrion crows were sat on fence posts enjoying the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment