Friday 29 May 2020

"The Early Worm misses the bird!"

For the last few days it has been around lunchtime when I ventured out and it has been hot. So a change of plan for today, get up and out early.
First stop was Kiplingcotes Nature Reserve near Market Weighton.
0830 as I left the car park and walked towards the reserve.

whitethroats, willow warblers and yellowhammers were singing from the safety of the hedgerows.
This notice got me thinking about what I might see.






After walking around the reserve, I saw nothing! Too early for the orchids and butterflies.
Time to go to North Cave Wetlands.

A few changes since my last visit.


No benches in the hides.


I presume that this is to deter you from sitting in the hides all day long and not observing social distance, So birdwatching from the hides has to be done either by kneeling down to look out of the window, crouching down.
Plenty of whitethroats and sedge warblers singing but not many birds to be seen

No comments:

Post a Comment