Tuesday 19 May 2020

Temple Newsam and St,Aidans

I went for two walks today, that is why I have linked the two places together, before anyone starts searching to find out what St. Aidan was doing at Temple Newsam.
I had to visit an emergency dental clinic in Leeds today and had a couple of hours wait, so spent it at Temple Newsam. I cannot remember when I was last here, so I just had a gentle stroll, and took the following pictures.



Plenty of open space for social distancing.
 








The ape at Go Ape looks a bit glum.
After collecting my denture I called in at St.Adains. I parked near the hide that overlooks Astley Lake, How long before we will be allowed back in bird hides?


As I walked along the path I stopped to look back over Astley Lake and saw a drake garganey asleep on one of the islands.
Whilst I have been staying at home, nature has been carrying on and there are lots of young birds about.






I wish they would include the distance on the sign post.


 
 
The car park and visitor centre are still closed, will they be allowed to open soon?
I started my walk back to the car and saw a whinchat on a fence post. A sedge warbler decided to climb up a reed and start to sing.

Just before I got back to the car I managed to see a willow warbler, I had heard planty but until today I had not managed to see one. 146 on my year list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment